Wednesday, June 10, 2009

pardon me while i climb on my soapbox

I just read an article about the cop who tased the 72 year old woman. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't cops given tasers to use instead of a gun? So if they feel their lives are threatened, they're to use the taser instead of the gun to subdue the suspect. I hardly doubt that a 72 year old woman resisting arrest for refusal to sign a traffic ticket is a death threat. I understand she was in the wrong for resisting arrest, and hell she even provoked the officer by asking to be tased!, but seriously? Was a taser really necessary?? it sickens me every time i read yet another article about a police officer using excessive force when not needed.

And the 5-0 wonder why they aren't respected...

Don't tase me, bro.

{article via MSNBC}

2 comments:

melississippi said...

she should have said "don't tase me young man" (instead of bro, bad joke). anyways, yea, the cop should have his taser and gun taken away for bad judgement!

Jen said...

Love it!! Don't tase me young man. HA!